Saturday, April 11, 2009

Worthy!

The Passion and Resurrection of our Lord in the words familiar to many (the old King James version of the Bible):

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
[1]

He [was] despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.[2]

"I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting."[3]

"All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, 'He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.'[4]

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none. They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.[5]

"Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? Behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow."[6]

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he [was] brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he [opened] not his mouth. . . He was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of [Thy] people was he stricken.[7]

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.[8]

I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.[9]

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.[10]

Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. . . When this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" . . . Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
[11]

Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. . . The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. . . KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.[12]

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. . . Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation . . . Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing . . . And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, [said], "Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."[13] Amen.

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

[1] Isaiah 53:6
[2] Isaiah 53:3
[3] Isaiah 50:6
[4] Psalm 22:7, 8
[5] Psalm 69:20, 21
[6] Lamentations 1:12
[7] Isaiah 53:7, 8
[8] Isaiah 53:4, 5
[9] Job 19:25
[10] I Corinthians 15:20-22
[11] I Corinthians 15:51-57
[12] Revelation 19:6; 11:15; 19:16
[13] Revelation 4:11, 5:9, 12,13

Email: mrymrtha@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment