Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Friends in High Places

A few days ago, I drove by the construction site of the new arena being raised in our city. The tallest portion of the building is the spire on the south end, reaching 160 feet above the ground. Just below the spire, I saw someone suspended on a system of ropes, working on the face of the decorative wall which supports the spire. He (or she) was not on scaffolding and not in the bucket of a crane as many of the workers have been that I've observed in the past. I had to admire the skill and boldness of whoever that was dangling there, well over a hundred feet in the air. A "friend" in a high place, for sure!

That's nothing, though, compared to the high, heavenly place where my Friend is who sees me perfectly. I am not just a teeny, tiny person driving by in a miniature car; He is watching me with loving concern. He is not so far away or so busy with some other business that He cannot hear me when I call to Him. Celebrities and politicians and the wealthy may have friends in high places, but so do I! I am privileged, along with you, to share the viewpoint Christ has of earthly matters. "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus." (Ephesians 2:6)

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®. NIV®. Copyright©1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

Email:
mrymrtha@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment