Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Thing After Another

Lord, I don't understand
     the unrelenting pressures on my life:
A long period of not being well,
     and then a legal tangle,
And then the child whose life unravels
     before my very eyes.
I'm made of sturdy stuff
     but I confess I sometimes think
This is too much,
     this one thing right after another.

"Of course, it's one thing after another!
That is the way I mold My children's lives.
You could not bear the shaping tools
     all at a time.
They come one after another.
     Be glad!"


A note: I wrote this some years ago. The illness is long past, the legal situation is forgotten, the child weathered that crisis and several new ones. It is still true, though, that I face "one thing right after another," just as you do, no doubt. Our God is just as faithful today as He has been in the past.

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

Email: mrymrtha@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment