Thursday, August 19, 2010

God Is Appreciative

But no training wheels for
her ride!

One of a series on "God's Endearing Personality":

The other day my daughter and I were reminiscing about some of the things in her early childhood. "I remember learning to ride the little red bicycle," she told me. "I took off down the street, and you were running behind me screaming, "You did it! You did it!' " After many wobbly attempts, with my steadying the two-wheeler while she learned to find her  balance, she was on her own and I was so proud I cried!

Do you think the God who created us and loves us is any less appreciative when we accomplish something with His guidance and help? It's not that God can be likened to earthly parents, but instead we are fashioned after His likeness, and surely our pride and joy reflects His own. Some day, if we are faithful, He will point us out as trophies of His grace! “He raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ Jesus. So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:6, 7)

The praise belongs to God alone. The glory is His. And yet, sometimes even now I think I feel His satisfaction when He encourages me, "Yes, we did it, you and I together. We did it!"

MaryMartha

Scripture quotations are taken from The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. United States of America. All rights reserved.

Art from http://www.sxc.hu/

No comments:

Post a Comment