Monday, August 24, 2009

"It Doesn't Mean Me"

One of my friends was walking with her granddaughter in a local park recently. The twelve-year-old was eager to practice her skill at some of the exercise stations along the path, but Grandma cautioned her, "No, the sign says not to be used by children under age 13."

"But it's okay for me," the child insisted. "I can do it. It doesn't mean me."

And then I read an article by a former "top doctor," Physician to the President, in an earlier administration. She said most of these patients are difficult. "They are not compliant." Stay in bed today, exercise more, whatever. "They don't think the rules apply." It doesn't mean me.

A young Kansas girl and the man in the highest office in the land, and a host of people in between are thinking—"It doesn't mean me."


  • Is that why a young man orders sunny-side-up eggs, even though the printed menu says that the restaurant recommends they be thoroughly cooked?
  • Is that why a driver gets stopped for speeding through a highway work zone that seems deserted?
  • Is that why high government officials are caught in nasty affairs?
  • Is that why so many of the rich and famous have ended in financial disaster?
  • Is that why Christians ignore the plain teaching of the Scripture to "love one another with a pure heart, fervently"?

Yes, it does too mean me.

MaryMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment