Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In God's Viewfinder

For years I have been taking photos with single-use snapshot cameras. That seemed good enough at the time, but when I was preparing to travel this past summer to a reunion with family members, I wanted something better. After having been limited to taking every picture at mid-range with whatever lighting a simple flash provided, the new camera is a lot of fun!

I’ve been thinking about what I saw through the viewfinder or on the LCD monitor while I was taking pictures. I took a close-up of a flower, so near that it fills the whole frame. I zoomed the lens and focused on a little bird at a feeder across the yard. When I took these shots, I got only what I focused on, eliminating nearly all the background. Although I intended it that way, I lost the big picture.

On the other hand, I photographed some large views, setting the camera for the best landscape pictures: mountains, deer at the riverside, even the valley below me from a hot-air balloon! When I took these shots, I got the big picture, but I lost the details. With my amateur ability and my limited equipment, I cannot have both.

Isn’t it amazing that when God looks at us, at our lives and what’s going on in them, He sees the big picture and He sees the details too! He is not limited in His knowledge of what has happened to us and what will happen, and He is just as well-acquainted with every intimate detail of our day-to-day lives. He sees the wide-angle panoramic view of my life and yours, and He sees the close-up too. He’s got us in His “viewfinder” perfectly!

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

Email:
mrymrtha@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment