Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Hear God Singing

Sometimes I think God is singing. Oh, I don’t actually hear any music, but if Walt Whitman can hear America singing with its “varied carols,” surely I won’t be taken away for mental competence testing if I think God is singing!

I hear Him with my heart. Some mornings He comes by while I am sitting quietly, and He’s humming—as I do when I am busy with laundry or dishes or gardening. He lets me know He’s just checking on me, seeing if everything is okay, as any good Father would check on his child.

No, my mind is just fine! The Bible tells me that God is singing. “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®. NIV®. Copyright©1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

Email: mrymrtha@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment