Friday, October 23, 2009

Reindeer on the Roof

For a little while this morning, I thought Santa had come early this year because I could hear his reindeer prancing overhead. But soon I realized it was only the seven workmen who had come to replace my hail-damaged roof. Who knew I had red shingles under the gray ones? It's like peeling an onion as the previous layers of roofing are torn away.

I am just carrying on my regular daily routine, but it's kind of like being in a fishbowl with all these fellows right outside my windows. I could close the drapes and pull the shades down, but I think I'll just ignore them. They are ignoring me and going about the business of getting this job done before it rains again.

I'll bet you don't know how I'm going to find an appropriate Scripture and draw a spiritual lesson from this. You're right. Life is made up of lots of different kinds of things, and this is one of them.

MaryMartha

P.S. I'm only kidding about the reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment