Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Continual Coverage

A year or so ago, I changed the type of insurance I have under a small life policy I hold. It was set to finish out its term at the certain age I was fast approaching, and then my coverage would end.

But let me tell you about my continual coverage! It's not a policy exactly, but a promise. "Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. [I've been adopted into that family, so it means me too.] I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. [I'm getting there!] I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." (Isaiah 46:3, 4 NLT)

The premiums in this plan are not going to change every few years as I age. The term is not going to come to an end. I don't even have "deductibles"; as a matter of fact, I am getting regular "dividends"!

What security!

MaryMartha

Scripture quotation is taken from The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. United States of America. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment