Monday, May 11, 2009

Name That Car--and Its Driver

I'd hate to think that the names displayed on various car models describe the person who is driving. I was following a Rogue the other day, and I started to wonder, "Is that fellow really going to turn out to be a scoundrel?" (He didn't.) On the other hand, a few days later, a driver screeched across two opposing lanes of traffic to pull directly in front of me, so that I had to brake hard to avoid him. I didn't recognize the vehicle model, but it must have been a Dart, or a Tempest, or maybe even a Demon. And I should have been equipped with at least a Challenger, if not a Ram!

We've had Broncos, Mustangs, Pintos, and Impalas. Eagles, Falcons, Roadrunners, and Skylarks. Cobras and Vipers, Barracudas and Cougars, Hornets and Beetles. Do those names mean anything? Do they say anything about the person driving them?

I drive a Honda Fit. Now there's a car/driver misnomer for you!

At least it's not a Honda Life Dunk (marketed in Japan)!

MaryMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment