Friday, May 22, 2009

It Could Be Worse!

My comuter is not working--the victim I think, of some online mischief. So I brought my notebook (spiral-bound paper, not a computer) and my wireless pen out to the shady front porch. I can hear the sweet notes of a wren's song and a woodpecker's drumming. A couple of squirrels are frisking about, deciding, perhaps, which of my bulbs they will "transplant" next. A robin has hopped up into the ground cover I planted last evening, anticipating a tasty snack from the freshly-turned earth. The begonias in the hanging basket are showing off, determined to outdo those in the flower boxes on the porch railing. The breeze is fragrant from the peonies blooming just a few feet away. It's a sweet spring afternoon, and my computer's not working--but what's there not to like?

On another note, I will still try to post regularly, but I'll have to do so from another location. Be patient! Things could be a whole lot worse--like trying to read, before I transcribe it, what I've written here on my "laptop"--i.e., the top of my lap!

MaryMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment