Friday, May 1, 2009

Another Blog

For more than twenty-five years, I have had a particular interest in the intersection of two subjects: women and the Church. This includes women in the Church, that is women of faith, although not necessarily part of organized religion, and women out of the Church—women who for one reason or another stay away from the Church or even leave it. Women before the Church who lived in Old Testament times, and women after the Church was formed. Women for the Church whose lives are partly defined by this relationship, and women against the Church (some are, you know.) And finally, women about the Church, that is, what women are saying about their/our place in the Body of Christ.

Busy with family responsibilities, finishing my college education, and getting established in my career(s), I did only a little research—a few papers for the classes I was taking. Now that child-rearing years are past and my formal education is complete and my professions are mostly finished, there is more time to study and think and write and I am returning to this interest in a more focused way. Some of my thoughts I will share here, but most of these specialized topics I will now cover in a second blog. If you have interests or concerns related to women's issues, I invite you to join me by reading the posts on "Claiming Our Selves," and by leaving your comments. You will locate the new blog at
http://claiming-our-selves.blogspot.com

One of the things I've discovered in my life-journey is how many women fail to care for themselves physically, emotionally, and spiritually. "Claiming Our Selves" is for them--and for you, if you find yourself not knowing quite who you are. This can happen to us anywhere along the way, but especially during a time of transition: adolescence, career crisis, marriage or singleness, motherhood or not, menopause, empty nesting, retirement, husband's retirement, and divorce or death of husband bringing single-again-ness. I hope you will share in the honest attempt to discover ways in which we can experience the fullness of who we are as women of faith.

Meanwhile, I will continue writing "Finding the Faith Way," and I hope you continue to find challenge and inspiration at this location. A few of the entries I have posted here are appropriate for the new blog and will be repeated there. Writing for two blogs, however, I will not post entries for both of them every day, so check back often or "subscribe" through one of the newsreaders (see below).

Do you like the update of this blog? You will find some new features: a different look, a revised profile, and the subscription links.

MaryMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment