Monday, June 15, 2009

Run-In Sabbath

If you use an online dictionary and your cell phone's programmed directory, you miss the accidental combination of words or names used as guide words that sometimes is pretty funny and sometimes pretty meaningful. On my way to looking up something else today, I ran across "run-in Sabbath" at the top of a page. That sent an immediate message to the blog-creating part of my brain!

We say, "I'm going to drop by the post office on my way to work."
"Could you stop off and pick up the dry cleaning?"
"While you're up, please bring me some more popcorn."
"I'll look in on Grandma today and see if she's okay."

These all imply that, incidentally, while aiming at doing one thing, we will also take care of something else.

So, once or maybe twice a week, "Run in and say 'hi' to the pastor and God"? Let's hope we're more focused than that!

MaryMartha

No comments:

Post a Comment