Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jesus Said, Take My Yoke

When I said, "Take My yoke," you've always assumed that meant you were going to have to shoulder part of My load. Even though I told you My burden is light, you've had all the burden you can carry already and wondered how you could take on some of Mine. And the part about finding rest for your soul? That didn't make sense to you at all.

"I see you laboring under your heavy load. This is what I am really saying to you: Here, let Me help you. Just slip in under this yoke and I'll carry the load with you. I am gentle—I won't scold you or jerk you around if you stumble. I'm going to make this burden-carrying less complicated for you, and I won't mind at all if that means I take the heavier part.

"Remember this: Take My yoke is an invitation, not a command."


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:29, 30 NIV

MaryMartha
(All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment