Saturday, July 19, 2008

For the Disappointed

You have stood on the shore
and waited for your ship to come in.
You have searched the horizon until your eyes ached,
waiting for it to come into sight.
But the ship you look for is not coming.
It has been lost at sea.
You know that,
For the wreckage has come drifting in
and is even now at your feet.
Why do you continue to gaze longingly
at the distant horizon, hoping your ship
will by some miracle appear?
Turn your eyes. Look in the other direction.
There you see coming into sight
what I the Lord have prepared for you.
It is not fully visible;
it is only a puff of smoke on the horizon,
but it is coming, and it is for you.
You are going to be surprised!
You are going to be made glad!
You will not be disappointed
in what I have personally chosen for you.

Have I ever failed to keep My word to You?
You have not always had your way,
for My ways are not the same as your ways.
You have not always seen the answer
you thought would come,
for My thoughts are higher than your thoughts.
But I will not fail you.
There will be a fulfillment of what I have spoken to you.
Do not be afraid to trust Me.

(This blog is my "other direction."
Blessings, MaryMartha)
(All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment