Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Real World

I ran across a book the other day which argued for the possibility that our existence here is an illusion. It may indeed be real, but on the other hand, why couldn’t it be someone’s dream? Maybe it’s merely a computerized parallel world; that was the premise of the TV program “The Matrix” wherein the reality as perceived by most humans is actually a simulated reality created by sentient machines. I even was once acquainted with a person who wondered aloud if we might, at the end of all things, find that our life and the world as we know it are merely our own or someone else’s imagination.

I don’t accept this view, but even it were true, I would go on with my life as it is. I have found the way to live! God is my source, my cause, and my loving friend . Why would I trouble myself to wonder whether there could be any other explanation?

I shared my musings with a friend, and she said, “The unseen world is becoming more real to me than the world around me.” Exactly.

MaryMartha
Art from http://ww.sxc.hu/

No comments:

Post a Comment