Thursday, May 27, 2010

Connecting

I have just finished reading an article (Time magazine, May 31, 2010) on the communication phenomenon, Facebook. I use the term "communication" cautiously, because I have to wonder if seeing pictures of your cat or sharing with you what I'm having for dinner is really communication. But then, I must be wrong, for sometime in the next few weeks Facebook will officially acquire its 500 millionth active user, defined as someone with an account that they have accessed within the last 30 days. While serious career networking happens there, so does a lot of silly socializing. For many people, the article stated, the site is a second home and they spend many, many hours a day there.

We actually like to share, the young entrepreneurs believe. It is also hugely, hugely lucrative. (You didn't think this free, massively-interlaced network was created solely for the pleasure of the end-users, did you?) There is something to be said for openness with your friends, and each person must draw the line for him/herself when it comes to the bajillion readers and ad writers online.

While I pondered on what I was reading, I thought of how readily we can communicate with Jesus, our great Friend. Many times a day, I speak to Him.


Just listen to that wren singing. Isn't that thrilling?
Owww, help me, Jesus. (after ramming my toe into the chair leg)
Look! The orange lilies are blooming.
Thank you for the new shoes!
Please don't let the hail destroy my new roof.
Thank you for that note from Lorie.
Help me find my earring, balance my checkbook, go to sleep.

I am so glad for the ease of connecting with the one Who already knows all about me. And it's good to know that He is actually interested when I share the experiences of my daily life with Him!

MaryMartha


Art from http://www.sxc.hu/

No comments:

Post a Comment